"I am your child.
Wherever you go, you take me, too.
Whatever I know, I learn from you.
Whatever I do, you taught me to do.
I am your child.
And I am your chance.
Whatever will come, will come from me.
Tomorrow is won, by winning me.
Whatever I am, you taught me to be.
I am your hope,
I am your chance,
I am your child."
I just love these lyrics written by Barry Manilow.
Has anyone out there ever heard it?
The music (also by Manilow) is beautiful also.
Someday I am going to find the music for piano.
And play it. Alot.
I really, really like it. Sometimes it makes
me cry, 'cause I love it that much.
It would be a good Mother's Day song.
It's just simple and sweet and true.
It makes me think of my kids when they were little.
It makes my think of my grandkidlets,
and their mothers.
Who I think are doing
a MUCH better job than I did.
Thanks.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Barry Manilow huh. The only song I know by him is Copa Cabanda and that song makes me want to puke not cry. Sweet post though. I will have to find that song on the ipod.
Debbie, I LOVE your new blog. How did you do that? The background is so you and I love the script! You are so poetic.
Barry Manilow makes me want to cry, but not in the sweet way. More in the puke way. But when you just write the words like that it's so pretty.
Post a Comment