Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'd like to thank the person who made my trip to the UK and Paris possible...


the inventor of 'moleskin'...
deserves however many millions of dollars
(or pounds, as the case may be) they have made.
Moleskin made my feet fit for walkin, day in and out.
And walk we did.
Paris is not the city of lights, it is the city of steps.
422 steps to the top of the tower of Notre Dame
(I guess I don't have to say
that it was also 422 steps back down.)
At least twice as many steps to the entrance of the
'Sacre Couer' (Monmarte Cathedral)
at the top of the hill, a HUGE structure,
that softly glistened
 like an old, slightly worn pearl.
Topped with a huge dome-like roof,
it reminded me a little of the 'Taj Mahal'.
At the foot of the monument, a 2-story merry-go-round
 which, of course, Papa and Carson had to ride.
Then dinner from food carts on the cobbled streets,
crispy/chewy baguettes with cheese,
yummy crepes with nutella and strawberries.
Of course the real treasures of the day,
 my family, my little grandkidlets
.
So I'm greatful for moleskin, however,
it was Ron and the Grover family
who actually made this trip possible.

(But moleskin really does help!)


  

1 comment:

Emily Richards said...

I love it!! I'm so excited to go!