Wednesday, September 30, 2009

HAVE A HAPPY DAY!

Who says you can't have fun in little old Lehi, Utah? Well you can if Lisa and Paula are in town! We always have so much fun when we get together for our "sister visits". This is both of them drinking to our health (and let me tell you, our health needs some drinking to!) with homemade root beer in frosty mugs at "Emmett and Ethel's" a little greasy spoon here in town. Reminds me of the olden days when we went to A&W's and you could get a little baby frosted mug of root beer about 2 inches tall. For free! (now you know how old I am) Does anyone remember those? Matt once downed a whole (baby) mug when he was about 18 months old, and let out a burp so long that I swear we had started the car, thrown the car side tray on the ground, and were heading for the nearest ER before he stopped! One morning when we were getting ready, Paula brought this
piece of cinnamon toast to my attention
(and NO we DID NOT retouch, enhance, or in anyway manipulate
his features...see? I can read your mind)
His name is, "Mr. Happy-Smiley-Face". Can you see the 2 eyes, the curvy nose,
and lop-sided smile? It even looks like he has 2 REALLY high set ears
if you squint.
Perhaps his ears are like that because he's from the cat family...hmmm.
I almost saved it to try to sell on E-Bay.
Anyway, it's pretty hard NOT to have a happy day when Lisa and Paula are here to play...


...and when you are greeted by a breakfast pastry that smiles back at you!
That's all I have to say about that...


3 comments:

Mallory said...

When are you and Lisa and Paula coming to visit me?!

Carly said...

I love your sister trips too... especially when I get to crash them! You ladies are non-stop fun! ("Holy cow, what big fun Aunts!" - remember that from the BC days?)

Anyway, I def. want to have my own sister trips someday. I think it's a great tradition to carry on!

Lisa in AK said...

AMEN, AMEN, AND AMEN!!!!!