special effects here.
"Sunday in Mt. Vernon with Matt & Tara
OK, that was my really lame take-off on a Sondheim musical, "Sunday in the Park with George", which was based on a painting of closely the same title by Georges Seurat...ANWAY.
The next few blogs will be an out- of -order account of our LONG trip, that took us to
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Martha's Vineyard, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania,
New Jersey, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
WHEW!
This post is of the 6 days we spent in DC with Matt & Tara, and they were great hosts. Among other things, we had some fun meals out together, went to a driving range where the golf balls are digitized (that's probably not the right word, but whatever) and their distance and landings were tracked and displayed on a screen in each individual driving area (again, I'm sure there is a word for that too...could someone please respond to this post with the right terminology?). Tara fixed us a gourmet salmon dinner, I spent several hours (as opposed to my fantasy of weeks) in the Smithsonian Museums, Ron and Matt went golfing on a course with a close up view of the Washington Monument. We saw Mount Vernon, the US Printing & Engraving headquarters, a midnight- practically- private- tour of the Jefferson Memorial and Roosevelt Memorial, saw the actual White House, and the Holocaust Museum. Not to mention my harrowing adventure in a Hospital ER somewhere in Viriginia; the only good thing about that experience was my gallant ambulance drivers: Matt & Ron. Thanks guys! I believe later that same evening there was a televised presidential debate...I highly (that's a pun folks) recommend watching those things AFTER being heavily medicated for a migraine.
(see my previous post.)
That's all you can take for now I'm sure. Watch here for another random chapter in the account of
Debbie and Ron's 30th Wedding Anniversary-Vow-Renewal-Adventure!



No comments:
Post a Comment